Thank you for choosing Skydive Toronto as the destination for your skydiving adventure.
As everyone is aware, the COVID-19 virus has created some waves throughout Canada. Many safeguards have been put in place by our government, both nationally and provincially, to combat the spread of this disease. The most notable of these has been Social Distancing.
At Skydive Toronto we take our responsibility to our community very seriously. Our 2020 Skydiving Season was due to start on April 3rd, and so in the last two weeks, we have been watching the situation unfold. We have put extensive procedures in place to keep our customers, staff, and instructors safe during their time on the ground and in the air. Although we still have another 2 weeks to go before reaching this scheduled Opening Weekend; we have had to seriously consider that it may not be possible to be operations as planned. Social distancing or isolation seems to be the one weapon we have in fighting this pandemic.
It is for this reason that we have made the decision to delay our Opening Weekend to April 17th, 18th and 19th. Due to the fluid nature of this situation, we will continue assessing the status daily. Should we need to extend that date again, we will do so, in line with government protocols.
When operations do begin, the following measures will be in place:
For the facility:
- Multiple hand sanitizing stations will be placed in various locations throughout the facility. The use of these stations will be mandatory.
- High traffic areas will be wiped down and sanitized regularly.
- A cleaning crew will do a full clean of the facility every night.
- The aircraft will be fully sanitized every night.
- If you or anyone you live with has traveled within 14 days, please reschedule your appointment.
- We ask that anyone who has been feeling ill leading up to, or on the day of their skydive to please reschedule. This includes your family members and friends that will be accompanying you. If someone you live with has been ill, please also reschedule. It is possible to be a carrier of the virus without showing any symptoms.
- Every person entering the facility will have their temperature scanned. This includes all family and friends accompanying the person jumping. Children and infants will also be scanned.
- Customers and staff will be required to wear surgical masks during the entire experience. You will be required to wear your surgical mask during the airplane ride and when back on the ground. If you have your own, please do bring it with you.
- Practice good personal hygiene by:
- Please visit the washrooms regularly to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. This is still the most effective way to keep your hands clean of the virus.
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing by using your elbow or a tissue. Always wash your hands or use sanitizer after coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Use of the masks will help limit the chance of spreading the virus in this manner.
- Avoid handshakes, rather use the elbow bump method.
- Usually, we supply jumpsuits to all our tandem passengers to protect their clothing during the skydive. However, these jumpsuits can increase the risk factor, therefore we ask customers to please bring a change of clothing, a jogging suit or coveralls to go over their clothes.
- Goggles are supplied by the dropzone for your use. We will, however, have extra goggles available for purchase should you wish to have your own pair.
- Disposable scrub caps will be supplied for use under the protective headwear. If you have a bandana, balaclava headscarf made from fabric that will prevent the transmission of sweat, please bring it with you. A disposable shower cap is another good alternative.
- Please bring your own gloves. We will provide surgical gloves, but if the weather is a little chilly, these will not be sufficient to keep your hands warm.
We will be sending out a follow-up communication a week before our planned opening. Please feel free to contact our offices at any time during this period. A lot of our staff are working from home, but we are able to pick up and return messages; and will do so as soon as we possibly can.
We wish you and your family well during this time and look forward to seeing you soon.
The Skydive Toronto Team